Specialty: Orthopedic Surgeon, Hip Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Shoulder Surgeon and Knee Surgeons in Brisbane, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Dr. Cameron Cooke
Dr. Cameron CookeDr Cameron Cooke is a Specialist Lower Limb Orthopaedic Surgeon with an interest in Adult Hip and Knee Replacements, Sports Knee Surgery and Lower Limb Trauma in Brisbane, Au
Dr Cooke gained his Medical Degree from the University of Queensland in 1992 and his Orthopaedic Fellowship in 2001. Dr Cooke subsequently held a number of positions in his area of special interest with training at the Mater Private Hospital Sydney with Dr Bill Walter in Hip and Knee Reconstruction Surgery Brisbane and South Brisbane; at the University of British Columbia with the Vancouver General Hospital in Orthopaedic Trauma; and at the University of Sheffield with Dr Ian Stockley concentrating on complex Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr Cooke is a member of the Medico Legal Society of Queensland and became a Certified Independent Medical Examiner (American Board of Independent Examiners), 2004. He has completed the Comcare Permanent Impairment Guide Training.
Dr Cooke has held a public position as Director of Orthopaedics at the Princess Alexandra Hospital since January 2004.
In 2005, Dr Cooke began working in the private sector and since then has established a professional and friendly private practice with support from the referring medical community who acknowledge Dr Cooke's surgical ability to meet the medical demands in both the private and public sector.
Dr Cooke sees DVA Workcover patients in his private practice.
Dr Cooke sees many patients who have sustained acute injuries from sporting injuries or falls...be it acute knee injuries, ankle or hip injuries and /or fractures. Appointments are available at our rooms at the Mater Private Clinic or Ramsay Place for those patients requiring urgent assessment and timely medical management.
Alternatively some people present to the Mater Private Emergency Centre. In consultation with the Emergency Doctors, these patients are either admitted to hospital or visit Dr Cooke's rooms in a time appropriate manner.
Dr Cooke's Areas of Interest include:
- Hip knee replacement surgery (primary and revision)
- Acute knee injury
- Management of acute orthopaedic trauma of the lower limb
- Management of infected lower limb replacement
- Management of orthopaedic lower limb trauma
Dr Cooke has a busy private life and loves nothing more than spending time with his wife and five children.
One day Dr Cooke would like to establish a Down Syndrome Centre in Brisbane to focus on both research into the condition and also to co-ordinate the wide variety of specialists and therapists required to manage the numerous medical and surgical conditions seen in this group.
The scope of our practice ranges throughout the entire orthopaedic spectrum of surgical as well a nonsurgical care for disorders affecting all aspects of the body.
- Orthopaedists Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Sports Medicine Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Arthroscopic Shoulder, Elbow, Knee Ankle Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Spinal Disorders Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Cartilage Restoration Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Fracture Care Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Total Joint Replacement Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Podiatry, Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Wrist and Hand Surgery Brisbane and South Brisbane
- High School Sports Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Hip surgery in Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Hip surgeon in Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Knee surgery in Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Knee surgeon in Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Orthopedic surgery in Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Shoulder surgery Brisbane and South Brisbane
- Spine surgery Brisbane and South Brisbane
Our Experienced Orthopedic Surgeons in Brisbane and South Brisbane Australia perform total joint replacement, hip surgery and knee surgery operations. Enabling people to get back to an active lifestyle.
Please visit our website or call us to know more http://www.cameroncooke.com.au/
Back To Search